In accordance with NAFTA and as of 2016, Seller’s capital gains tax (CGT) can be credited in the United States. In Mexico you are entitled to exempt CGT every three years, according to the current law. In the US, for example, most states allow a once in a lifetime exemption, whether you sell in the US or in a foreign country. Also, if there is a difference in the percentage of your CGT between Mexico and the US, you must declare and will only have to pay the difference in the US. If you are totally exempt in Mexico, it will not count as a CGT from a sale in the US. This fact and other possibilities of  other deductible fees or taxes should be discussed and verified with your United States financial advisors.